Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sandy’s Sandbox Ideas: Pyramid Training



See Similar Images          view details

Sandy Johnson (Vice President of NEXCareer, Career Coach, Board Member of NABS, Marathon Runner) is a Dynamic Career Management Professional with a creative flair. She combines her background in advertising with her passion for personal and professional development to help clients shape their career and build successful results.

Sandy shares her progress and anticipation to run in Egypt for Running 4 NABS Sahara Run 2011 this coming October:


Passing the Bucket
Our fundraising efforts have really started to generate results and sooo close to reaching the half way point to our goal of raising $100,000.00!  Thank you to those who have helped us reached this milestone!

I also wanted to share some great coverage we received in The Globe and Mail on the weekend!

Training Up a Sandstorm
4 ½ weeks to go before I get on the plane to Cairo!   It’s been a long summer of training.  The hot weather at 37 degrees in July was a total bonus, just to get a taste of what 50 degrees might feel like!  I’ve been carrying about 15 pounds in my pack during all my long runs and successfully completed my last two really long runs - 32 km back to back last weekend.  These I did with the company of a few of my team mates, with whom I’ll be spending non-stop time during that week in the desert.  Notwithstanding the inevitable fatigue, we shared some good laughs and I have to say I’m starting to look forward to this event.

Tackling the Big Sandbox
I’m sure I can run a marathon.  I’ve done it before.  I’m just not sure what it will be like to complete this day after day…  The conditions are difficult, if not impossible to duplicate, and I’m anxious about how my body, not to mention my mind, will react to the tough environment.

Filling in Pyramid Mold
The most important goal I set for myself for this race is to finish the race.  That’s mandatory.  And I’d like to complete it feeling good about my performance, whatever that may be.  It’s quite possible that I’ll modify my own expectations during the event.  And that’s ok.

Switching to Wading Pool
After my runs last weekend, I actually feel pleased and relieved about my progress.  I want to make sure that I don’t lose the fitness that I’ve worked so hard to gain.  I can actually start visualizing the race…and that is exciting.  I will now start to taper my mileage down, allowing myself some physical and mental recovery.  This is the fun part!

Help Fill the Bucket!

See our schedule of upcoming workshop sessions:

Your support is truly appreciated.



Images Courtesy: Microsoft Office Images

No comments:

Post a Comment